A Workplace Consultant is responsible for leading the account management efforts for the influencer new business development team. You will work closely with the Business Development Manager (BDM) to respond to requests including initial budgeting, thought starters, RFP/furniture packages and other deliverables. Acts as the main point of contact for the client post-award through project completion and beyond.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the BDM’s efforts to win influencer-led, competitive project business.
- Develops thought-starters and proposals that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Generates and edits quotes with detailed pricing/specifications in the Hedberg system.
- Performs as the team expert on competitive pricing strategy and value-engineering.
- Facilitates client-facing meetings and manages important project milestones.
- Clearly defines deliverables/timelines and delegates responsibility.
- Identifies customer requirements and ensures proposed solutions meet or exceed them.
- Leads coordination of the internal project team (designer, sales support, project manager) through the project schedule, counts and pre-installation meetings.
- Coordinates with customer the project schedule and all trades involved.
- Follows up to ensure projects are completed on time and to quality expectations.
- Learns Steelcase’s workplace research concepts and builds them into selling strategies.
- Seeks out client and industry information to provide forward-thinking solutions to clients.
- Builds strong professional networks that lead to future sales opportunities.
- Works with BDM to provide timely/accurate sales forecasts utilizing the CRM system.
- Achieves/exceeds volume and margin objectives as defined by Sales Leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, business administration, marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of related work experience required: commercial office furniture, architecture & design, commercial real estate, or construction.
- Exceptional computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment while managing several tasks at once.
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and a results-oriented work style.
- A high level of personal integrity and business ethics.
- Previous experience in the contract furniture industry.
- Knowledge of Steelcase products and workplace insights.
This position can be performed while standing or sitting, must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time. Occasional bending, twisting, or reaching. The ability to climb stairs is required. Occasional lifting may be necessary up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The ability to talk, listen, read, and write are important functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position is office based. However, it requires frequent local travel to meetings and events. A valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle is required.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer