Warehouse Job Summary:
This position is responsible for many functions within the warehouse that include filling orders, preparing product for delivery, assembling product, moving product, completing the proper paperwork, and keeping the warehouse neat and orderly at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fills orders and prepares product for delivery.
- Assembles product, as needed.
- Keep warehouse and dock in orderly condition at all times.
- Assist with stocking and movement of new and used product within the warehouse.
- Assist with filling of Will Call orders and helping customers load product.
- Supervise subcontractor workers when assigned to the warehouse for assembly duties.
- Bales cardboard.
- Attaches proper documentation to incoming product.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes proper paperwork in a timely fashion.
- Back up to Warehouse 2 and emergency back up to the Installers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow both written and verbal directions.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to handle pressure situations.
- Ability to get along well with others.
- Have a current Minnesota class C driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Able to operate warehouse equipment.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical exam, drug test, and background check.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Able to drive a 24” straight truck.
- 1-2 years previous warehouse experience helpful.
- The ability to pass a forklift operator course and drive a forklift.
- Excellent attention to detail.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand and use their hands to handle or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach above their shoulders, and bend or twist. Regular lifting of up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The ability to talk, listen, read, and write are important functions in this job.
This position is in a Warehouse environment which has extreme temperature changes. This position will be working around moving machinery and may occasionally be exposed to fumes and airborne particles.
Who We Are
As a privately held company for 58 years, General Office Products is a reputable, design focused leader in the contract interiors industry. We offer design services to our corporate, healthcare, and higher education clientele. Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting office environment! We offer an exciting performance bonus plan, comprehensive retirement/health benefits, technology & work environment that promotes work mobility and competitive compensation.
Learn more about General Office Products HERE.
General Office Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer4
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below.