Location: General Office Products, Minneapolis MN
This job provides vital support to our company’s sales team. Handling important tasks, such as, order processing and providing a daily point of contact for customers with queries about orders or deliveries. Sales Coordinators also act as an extension of the sales team when they are away from the office. An efficient Sales Coordinator contributes to quality customer service and helps the sales team meet its goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a supporting role to assigned Account Executives and designated accounts.
- Support Sales by submitting pricing requests to local reps and manufacturers.
- Enter service orders, approval chair requests and quotes in our order management system (Hedberg) – AutoPrice all Steelcase quotes.
- Verify quotes against customer PO’s for 100% accuracy, process orders.
- Use the quote conversion checklist to verify the quote is complete and accurate.
- Convert quotes into orders – confirm purchase orders are received by vendors.
- Contact vendors when necessary for ship dates and to resolve acknowledgement errors.
- Work with Sales and Project Coordinators to create a delivery schedule using the Delivery Planning Tool.
- Manage outgoing network orders, communicating with the installing dealers and vendors to ensure timely and accurate deliveries.
- Use Hedberg dashboard and Hedberg reports to manage order process in a timely manner.
- Create project shipping schedules for larger projects.
- Work with other departments to resolve open issues in Hedberg regarding invoicing, collections and installation.
- Resolve non-complex customer issues.
- Assist in resolution of punch list issues.
- Obtain authorization to return incorrect or defective merchandise, create RA and credit/debit memos to resolve issues.
- Maintain accurate and current files.
- In the absence of Sales, act as main point of contact for customers.
- Provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Create customer status reports as required by the customer.
- Work with department to identify, prioritize and implement process improvements.
- Participate in annual physical inventory.
- Back-up front desk as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in business administration, communications, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years business experience in sales support, customer service or other related field.
- Excellent organization and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Thorough understanding of contract furniture industry.
- Knowledge of Hedberg.
This position can be performed while standing or sitting, must be able to work at a computer for long periods of time. Occasional bending, twisting or reaching. The ability to climb stairs is required. Occasional lifting may be necessary up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The ability to talk, listen, read and write are important functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position is an office based position with minimal travel required.
Who We Are
As a privately held company for 55 years, General Office Products is a reputable, design focused leader in the contract interiors industry. We offer design services to our corporate, healthcare, and higher education clientele. Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting office environment! We offer comprehensive retirement/health benefits, technology & work environment that promotes work mobility and competitive compensation.
Learn more about General Office Products HERE.
General Office Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below.