The Project Coordinator is responsible for partnering and coordinating with internal and external clients to achieve customer’s objectives in furniture installation, reconfiguration, and relocation projects. As a privately held company for 55 years, we are a reputable, design focused leader in the contract interiors industry. GOP offers substantial design services to our corporate, healthcare, and higher education clientele.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for partnering and coordinating with internal and external clients to achieve customer’s objectives in furniture installation, reconfiguration, and relocation projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quotations for installation, reconfiguration and relocation projects.
- Coordinates with sales personnel, clients, service, and subcontractors to develop project schedules and installation plans.
- Reviews project drawings, coordinates pre-installation details such as elevators, dock, security, etc. Ensures that all pertinent information and required product is available prior to beginning installation.
- Develops and maintains quality assurance and performance standards for subcontractors and ensures adherence to them.
- Conducts site inspections, allocates labor and equipment; monitors the progress of the project for quality and accuracy to print specifications. Provides timely and accurate information to office staff regarding the status of a project.
- Coordinates shipments with manufacturers’ traffic department to accommodate project deadlines and/or delays.
- Monitors product overages and shortages throughout the project. Ensures accurate inventory of leftover product.
- Reports accurately all damages, product shortages and design problems.
- Coordinates final inspection with customer and ensures all items on the captured punch list are completed in a timely fashion.
- Utilizes Time Dynamix for billable/costable time capturing.
- Maintains good relationships with internal and external clients, including sales, subcontractors and other GOP staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- ·Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- ·3-5 years experience in project coordination/project management.
- Ability to understand and interpret installation and architectural drawings.
- Organizational skills to schedule and manage multiple installations simultaneously and handle a high volume of detailed transactions with speed and accuracy.
- Perform duties with a positive attitude, especially during problem resolution or difficult situations.
- Interpersonal, leadership and communication skills to interact effectively with a wide range of people within and also outside the company.
- Product knowledge, especially Steelcase.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Availability to work odd and extended hours, if necessary.
- Demonstrated commitment to professionalism, integrity and sound judgment in business dealings.
- Willingness to provide the highest level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Knowledge of job costing economics and the ability to provide accurate quotations for any type of project.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Current driver’s license.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Previous experience in furniture installation, preferably in a Lead role.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, listen, read and write. The employee is occasionally required to bend, twist, crouch and reach within arms-length. Regularly lifting of up to 20 lbs and occasional lifting may be necessary up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The ability to talk, listen, read and write are important functions of this job. Also important is the ability to make quick decisions.
This is an office-based position with frequent out-of-office visits to job sites. Job sites may include operational office and healthcare facilities with controlled indoor conditions or active construction sites. Regular, local travel is required with occasional travel outside the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area. A valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle is required.
Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting office environment! We offer an exciting performance bonus plan, comprehensive retirement/health benefits, technology & work environment that promotes work mobility and competitive compensation.
General Office Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below.