This position is responsible for many functions within the Operations Department that include processing delivery and receiving paperwork, maintaining stock and approval inventories, processing warranty service work and facilitating and controlling the punch order process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update computerized inventory, by regular cycle counting.
- Maintain budget stock at optimum levels; update usage reports, as needed.
- Assist in the management and disposition of dated orders in the warehouse.
- Assist with service calls. Prepare service tickets and order product as needed for customers and in-house use.
- Receive project folders, verify completeness, route to Project Coordinator, if assigned, for upcoming installations.
- Create and print service orders as required.
- Receive service requests from customers and operations personnel & create service orders as required.
- Process requests for replacement keys.
- Research & identify all orders that are received but cannot be delivered.
- Identify orders that are shipping to GOP that cannot be delivered, so they can be redirected for long-term storage.
- Manage and distribute receiving records.
- Collect and prepare all completed pick tickets for accounting and invoicing.
- Act as liaison between sales and operations.
- Assist with incoming phone calls from customers, employees and subcontractors.
- Initiate, maintain & verify distribution of all return authorizations.
- Review service and installation tickets before they go to Accounting. Cost delivery and labor charges. Ensure completeness, order product as needed. Monitor all follow-up work.
- Manage the approval chair inventory, including adding, deleting, making tags and resolving inventory discrepancies.
- Maintain loaner file. Review loaner report to ensure timely return of loaner product.
- Compile warranty tickets. Order stock replacement product and process.
- Review and resolve all damages and shortages discovered in the order filling process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Operations and warehouse knowledge preferred.
- Ability to read and understand instructions
- Good communication and retention skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Hedberg knowledge highly desirable.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- 1-3 years of clerical experience
- Familiarity with Hedberg and Office software suite.
- Excellent attention to detail
This position can be performed while standing or sitting. Occasional bending, twisting or reaching. The ability to climb stairs is required. Occasional lifting may be necessary up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The ability to talk, listen, read and write are important functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position is an office based position with no travel required.
As a privately held company for 55 years, General Office Products is a reputable, design focused leader in the contract interiors industry. We offer substantial design services to our corporate, healthcare, and higher education clientele. Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting office environment! We offer an exciting performance bonus plan, comprehensive retirement/health benefits, technology & work environment that promotes work mobility and competitive compensation.
General Office Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below.