This Lead Installer position is responsible for supervision of loading customer product in the warehouse, unloading at the customer site, uncartoning, installation, and providing direction to the work crew. This position will also interact regularly with our Customers, Scheduler, Project Managers, and Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in filling orders and preparing product for delivery.
- Responsible for the loading, delivery, placement and installation of product.
- Supervise all aspects of any size project, through completion, including the punch list.
- Supervise any number of personnel on a project.
- Determine equipment needs and completion requirements.
- Recognize the need for training & have the ability to train individuals in the field.
- Act as liaison between GOP and customer.
- Complete assignments in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Able to see other service opportunities and make suggestions for them.
- Pre-plan with Sales, Customers and Project Coordinators, as needed, and be able to communicate all pertinent information to the on-site crew.
- Keep service van and/or truck clean.
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Create proper paperwork for all product brought back to the warehouse.
- Able to trouble shoot and solve any problems that arise on the project. Know how to determine cost effectiveness of various solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent.
- 3-5 years industry experience as an Installer.
- Ability to communicate effectively and follow, and give, both written and verbal direction.
- Good physical health; able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Able to work alone, or with others, on assigned project.
- Able to get along well with all people on a job, customers, and peers.
- Able to handle pressure situations.
- Have a current Minnesota class C driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Neat and clean appearance at all times.
- Able to read and understand blue prints & architectural drawings.
- Courteous interface with customers at all times.
- Own proper hand tools.
- Have a high organizational skill level.
- Able to drive a straight truck.
- Thorough knowledge of invoicing and job costing, as it relates to GOP and its clients.
- Have complete knowledge of data systems and electrical components.
- Able to layout plans on any floor.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical exam, drug test, and background check.
- Working knowledge of a computer and Microsoft Office software.
- Working knowledge of Hedberg system.
- Knowledge of how to calculate labor for a project quote.
- Able to drive a 24” straight truck.
- The ability to pass a forklift operator course and drive a forklift.
- Excellent attention to detail.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand and use their hands to handle or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach above their shoulders, and bend or twist. Regular lifting of up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The ability to talk, listen, read, and write are important functions in this job.
This position is substantially in a customer business environment, generally climate controlled, some work is in a warehouse environment which has extreme temperature changes.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer