Looking for a position to grow your design career? Interested in a new challenge in a fast-paced, exciting work environment? Interested in working with an amazing clientele? …join our dynamic design team at General Office Products!
GOP is a leading Steelcase furniture dealership with an exciting opportunity for a qualified Interior Designer. As a privately held company for 55 years, we are a reputable, design focused leader in the contract interiors industry. GOP offers substantial design services to our corporate, healthcare, and higher education clientele.
- Coordinate and implement the design process on various size projects, from the initial programming and preliminary design, through design development and final installation drawings using an integrated team approach.
- Work with dealership sales and clients to determine project scope, product selection and present design concepts
- Develop space plans, typicals, and renderings
- Create detailed furniture specifications
- Check plans for accuracy and compliance with local codes/ADA requirements
- Fabric and finish selections
- Manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Ideal Skill Sets:
- High attention to detail
- Ability to manage projects and adapt to changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable and progressive with technology
- Great team player
- Self-directed with a high level of initiative
- Degree in Interior Design, with previous commercial design experience
- Proficiency in AutoCad and/or Revit
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Dealership experience preferred and working knowledge of Steelcase systems furniture
- CET Designer (3D rendering software) knowledge a plus
Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting office environment! We offer an exciting performance bonus plan, comprehensive retirement/health benefits, technology & work environment that promotes work mobility and competitive compensation.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below. General Office Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.