Are you an interior design student? Looking to learn about Steelcase furniture, dealer design capabilities and CET? Learn from our dynamic design team at General Office Products!
General Office Products is a Steelcase Premier Partner dealership with an exciting opportunity for a Interior Design student. As a privately held company for 55 years, we are a reputable, design focused leader in the contract interiors industry. We offer substantial design services to our corporate, healthcare, and higher education clientele. Learn from our team and grow your design and furniture knowledge!
Responsible for supporting our designers and other team members. Manages the resource library and assists with showroom preparations for client tours. Engaged in vendor presentations and other available learning opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep resource library organized, up-to-date and supplied with current samples, including the Steelcase fabric/finish library files, literature and Design Workroom finishes.
- Meet with materials reps, as needed, to update fabrics, laminate, paint, flooring samples and other miscellaneous lines.
- Assist in researching products and material solution for client projects.
- Aid in preparation of project presentations, finish boards and finish selections. (Physical boards and/or electronic PowerPoint documents).
- Assist in showroom preparation for client tours.
- Assist design team with delegated project work, on-site field measures and Steelcase product inventories.
- Attend vendor meetings and seminars within the company for self-development.
- Introduction to CET software.
- Maintain detailed daily logs within MxT software to track time spent on client projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College Junior or Senior, working on a Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Interior Design from an accredited program.
- Good communication skills and time management. Ability to take direction and follow through with a given task.
- A self-starter with a positive attitude, team player mindset and an eagerness to learn.
- Must present professional company image at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Class schedule that coordinates with internship schedule, enabling consistent work hours.
This position can be performed while standing or sitting. Occasional bending, twisting or reaching. The ability to climb stairs is required. Occasional lifting may be necessary up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The ability to talk, listen, read and write are important functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is an office based position with occassional travel required within the Metro area. No out-of-state travel is required.
Part-time- Flexible schedule 12-15 hrs/week
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below. General Office Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.