Great opportunity with an outstanding company!
Looking for a position to grow your career? Interested in a new challenge in a fast-paced, exciting work environment? Interested in working with amazing clientele? …Join our dynamic operations team at General Office Products!
GOP is a 2017 Platinum Partner Authorized Steelcase furniture dealership with an exciting opportunity for a Lead Installer. As a privately held company for 53 years, we are a reputable, customer focused leader in the contract interiors industry. GOP offers substantial services to our corporate, healthcare and higher education clientele.
This position is responsible for supervision of loading customer product at the warehouse, delivering to customer sites, unloading at the customer site, un-cartoning, light installation, and placement of product. This position will interact regularly with the Customer, Scheduler, Project Manager, and Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in filling orders and preparing product for delivery.
- Responsible for the loading, delivery, placement and installation of product.
- Checks all product after delivery for proper working condition and cleanliness.
- Pick up and return product as requested.
- Prepare proper paperwork for all returns.
- Responsible for unloading of the truck at end of day.
- Keeps truck clean at all times.
- Responsible for all required paper work and documentation.
- Communicate with customers regarding delivery status.
- Courteous interface with customers at all times.
- Responsible for proper paperwork for all product brought back to the warehouse.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent.
- 1-2 years previous Delivery Driver experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to follow both written and verbal direction.
- Good physical health.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Able to handle pressure situations.
- Able to get along well with others.
- Have a current Minnesota driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Able to drive a straight truck, 24” & 26,000 GVW.
- Must pass a company on-the-road driving test.
- Neat and clean appearance at all times.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical exam, drug test, and background check.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Able to drive a 24” straight truck.
- The ability to pass a forklift operator course and drive a forklift.
- Excellent attention to detail.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to stand and use their hands to handle or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach above their shoulders, and bend or twist. Regular lifting of up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The ability to talk, listen, read and write are important functions in this job.
This position is exposed to a variety of work environments which include: a warehouse environment which has extreme temperature changes, in the cab of a straight truck, and in a customer business environment, generally climate controlled.
Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting work environment! We offer comprehensive retirement/health benefits, as well as competitive compensation.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer