Responsible for leading/motivating the sales team (Account Executives) and driving sales growth within new and existing accounts. The Director of Sales develops and implements plans to meet sales targets and cultivates strong relationships with clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieves assigned goals for team sales revenue and gross profit.
- Hires, coaches, and retains a professional, enthusiastic, and committed sales staff.
- Develops selling strategies and advances the opportunity with each sales call.
- Works with the team to create exceptional project deliverables for clients.
- Drives significant growth within large, “low share” and competitively held accounts.
- Identifies and pursues new vertical markets and creates a differentiated value proposition.
- Delivers presentations effectively and closes sales opportunities.
- Recommends and participates in training opportunities as part of an effort to build the strongest sales team in our market.
- Assigns move/construction leads to the appropriate salespeople and tracks progress.
- Encourages team to utilize the CRM tool and keep an accurate/complete sales forecast.
- Represents GOP leadership in developing/maintaining customer relationships through networking and active participation in industry events.
- Builds strong relationships with manufacturers focusing on key partners.
- Collaborates with department leaders and helps makes decisions that will drive the future of the organization.
- Continually develops professional selling skills, as well as key product knowledge.
- Learns Steelcase’s workplace research concepts and builds them into selling strategies.
- Seeks out client and industry information to provide forward-thinking solutions to clients.
- Develops an annual business plan that includes specific action items to meet/exceed performance goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience required: commercial furniture, architecture & design, commercial real estate, construction, outside sales, or marketing.
- Previous sales/team leadership experience with a consistent history of success.
- Exceptional computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven track record of leadership, people management/development and sales growth.
- Desire and ability to continuously learn and a “hands on” approach with his/her team.
- Financial literacy, business acumen, and a profit conscious mind set.
- A high level of personal integrity and business ethics.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Previous leadership experience in the commercial furniture industry.
- A thorough knowledge of Steelcase products and workplace insights.
This position can be performed while standing or sitting, must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time. Occasional bending, twisting, or reaching. The ability to climb stairs is required. Occasional lifting may be necessary up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The ability to talk, listen, read, and write are important functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position is office based. However, it requires frequent local travel to meetings and events. A valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle is required.
Who We Are
As a privately held company for 58 years, General Office Products is a reputable, design focused leader in the contract interiors industry. We offer design services to our corporate, healthcare, and higher education clientele. Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting office environment! We offer an exciting performance bonus plan, comprehensive retirement/health benefits, technology & work environment that promotes work mobility and competitive compensation.
Learn more about General Office Products HERE.
General Office Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below.