Location: General Office Products, Minneapolis MN
Coordinate and implement the design process on various size projects, from the initial programming and preliminary design, through design development and final installation drawings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Programming with client to identify scope of project and specific client needs.
- Perform site inspection, field verification, inventory of furnishings and evaluation of product reuse.
- Work with vendors and project team to develop conceptual designs, research special product needs and present solutions for design projects of varying complexities.
- Aid in the preparation of project presentations including product & finish documents and renderings (PowerPoint presentations & CET renderings), schematic design and presentation materials on small to medium size projects for clients.
- Develop furniture plans, working drawings, electrical & communications plans, product specifications and finishes/materials on medium to large size projects for client review, implementation and follow-through (AutoCAD and CET software).
- Acts as a resource person within their area of assigned responsibility, to support sales staff in the completion of proposals & projects.
- Participate in client meetings, along with Sales, to convey design solutions.
- Develop and coordinate material & finish schemes, and develop finish plans when required.
- Track billable design time and complete detailed project time sheets on all work performed.
- Follow GOP Design Service Standards and Best Practice guidelines for the department.
- Strive for productivity goal of 85%.
- Fulfill requirements of Designer training established by Director of Design.
- Inform Director of Design of project development on a periodic basis.
- Attends design/sales meetings and seminars within and outside the company for self- development.
- Strives to develop and maintain personal creative quality professionalism, project knowledge, and establish good working relationships with company personnel and clients.
- Efficient project schedule planning for most effective time utilization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree in Interior Design from an accredited program.
- 1-2 years experience in the commercial design field, preferably in healthcare design.
- Working knowledge of the design profession and all of its phases; from preliminary promotional activities through product installation and field observation.
- Working knowledge of architectural and electrical plans and specifications and ability to coordinate same with interior requirements (including lighting, acoustics, design details, plans and elevations).
- Good communication skills needed to convey design concepts to other designers, GOP personnel, and clients.
- Ability to effectively manage large workloads, and work under deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and adapt to varying environments, tasks, people and change in general.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit Sketch-up and Microsoft Office products.
- Present a positive and professional company image at all times.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Proficient in CET Designer
- Strong working knowledge of Steelcase products.
- Knowledge of planning principles for systems furniture and furniture symbols library knowledge are highly preferred.
This position can be performed while standing or sitting. Occasional bending, twisting or reaching. The ability to climb stairs is required. Occasional lifting may be necessary up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The ability to talk, listen, read and write are important functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is an office based position with occasional travel required within the Metro area. Out of state travel may be required occasionally to attend Neocon, trade shows, and/or industry conferences.
Who We Are
As a privately held company for 55 years, General Office Products is a reputable, design focused leader in the contract interiors industry. We offer design services to our corporate, healthcare, and higher education clientele. Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting office environment! We offer an exciting performance bonus plan, comprehensive retirement/health benefits, technology & work environment that promotes work mobility and competitive compensation.
Learn more about General Office Products HERE.
General Office Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below.