Are you looking for a position to grow your career? Interested in a new challenge in a fast-paced, exciting work environment? And interested in working with an amazing clientele? …join our dynamic business development team at General Office Products!
GOP is a leading Steelcase furniture dealership with an exciting opportunity for a qualified Business Development Manager. As a privately held company for 54 years, we are a reputable, design focused leader in the contract interiors industry. GOP offers substantial design services to our corporate, healthcare, and higher education clientele.
Responsible for calling on large/competitive end users, dormant GOP accounts and clients that may consider moving or renovating (in the next 12-36 months). The Business Development Manager will need to utilize both advanced selling skills and workplace research to secure appointments with decision makers and ultimately drive revenue for GOP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes the initial key contact with new/competitive end users to develop and establish productive and collaborative relationships with decision makers (CEO, CFO, Director of HR, Director of IT, Facilities Manager, etc.).
- Identifies customer requirements and uses consultative selling skills to discover, diagnose and solidify their needs and propose appropriate solutions.
- Collaborates with GOP leadership, sales and design teams to develop joint plans, pursue key accounts and close new opportunities.
- Enables a smooth transition to the assigned Account Manager/Account Executive to maintain the account and preserve the ongoing customer relationship.
- Builds strong professional networks that lead to future sales opportunities.
- Participates in industry events and appropriately reflects the GOP brand to both end users and the influencer community (focusing on key CRE Brokers).
- Creates selling strategies and advances the opportunity with each sales call.
- Delivers presentations effectively and closes sales opportunities.
- Continually develops professional selling skills, as well as, key product knowledge.
- Learns Steelcase’s workplace research concepts and builds them into selling strategies.
- Seeks out client and industry information to provide forward-thinking solutions to prospective clients.
- Maintains up-to-date client information and provides status reports as requested.
- Provides timely/accurate sales forecasts utilizing the CRM system.
- Achieves/exceeds volume and margin objectives as defined by Sales Leadership.
- Develops an annual business plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or a related field.
- 5-7 years of outside sales experience with an emphasis in calling on large end users.
- Advanced selling skills, including qualifying prospects, lead generation, new business development, account penetration, consultative selling, negotiation, and contracts.
- Exceptional computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment while managing several tasks at once.
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and a results-oriented work style.
- A high level of personal integrity and business ethics.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Previous experience in the contract furniture industry.
- A thorough knowledge of Steelcase products and workplace insights.
This position can be performed while standing or sitting, must be able to work at a computer for long periods of time. Occasional bending, twisting or reaching. The ability to climb stairs is required. Occasional lifting may be necessary up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The ability to talk, listen, read and write are important functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position is office based. However, it requires frequent local travel to meetings and events. A valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle is required.
General Office Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.