Are you looking for a position to grow your career? Interested in a new challenge in a fast-paced, exciting work environment? And interested in working with an amazing clientele? … join our dynamic sales team at General Office Products!
GOP is a leading Steelcase furniture dealership with an exciting opportunity for a qualified Account Executive. As a privately held company for 54 years, we are a reputable, design focused leader in the contract interiors industry. GOP offers substantial design services to our corporate, healthcare, and higher education clientele.
The primary goal for this position is to promote General Office Products’ capabilities and services by keeping the architecture and design community up to date with current furniture trends across all markets and aligning us with Steelcase as our main manufacturer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements and maintains the A+D strategy and initiatives with Sales Management.
- Increases market presence within the local design community while representing the GOP brand.
- Create and deliver presentations on a regular basis for strategic A+D firms, including Steelcase CEU presentations.
- Identifies new opportunities/projects within strategic A+D firms and work with GOP team to close sale.
- Develops and maintains strong network within A+D Community.
- Updates Steelcase branded literatures for firms not on Steelcase “Strategic Account” list.
- Participates and presents products/services with the team during project interviews.
- Builds strong relationships through visibility at IIDA and other professional organizations.
- Emphasizes GOP services and key product differentiators.
- Conducts yearly executive reviews with strategic A+D firms.
- Works to achieve Key Performance Indicator goals as set by Sales Management.
- Prospects for A+D related opportunities utilizing company provided leads.
- Attends and participates in all sales, training, and company meetings as scheduled by Sales Management.
- Works in tandem on planning events and initiatives to overall A+D, CRE and clients of major accounts with Business Development team.
- Maintains up-to-date project information and provides status reports as requested.
- Maintains complete transparency in all aspects of the job.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related field.
- Three years previous outside sales or interior design experience.
- Exceptional computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written, technical and communication skills.
- Assertive, flexible and displays a strong sense of urgency.
- Effective interpersonal skills and able to successfully present products/services.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Background in the contract interiors industry.
- Familiar with Steelcase furniture solutions.
- Experience with Marketing and/or graphic skills.
- NCIDQ Certificate holder.
- LEED AP/Green Associate (or working towards certification).
This position can be performed while standing or sitting. Occasional bending, twisting or reaching. The ability to climb stairs is required. Occasional lifting will be necessary up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The ability to talk, listen, read and write are important functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This position will require independent driving capabilities.
This position is performed 50% out of the office and 50% in the office. The position requires occasional overnight and out of state travel. A valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle is required. Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting office environment! We offer an exciting performance bonus plan, comprehensive retirement/health benefits, technology & work environment that promotes work mobility and competitive compensation.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below.
General Office Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.