Are you looking for a position to grow your career? Interested in a new challenge in a fast-paced, exciting work environment? And interested in working with an amazing clientele? …join our dynamic sales team at General Office Products!
GOP is a leading Steelcase furniture dealership with an exciting opportunity for a qualified Account Executive. As a privately held company for 58 years, we are a reputable, design focused leader in the contract interiors industry. GOP offers substantial design services to our corporate, healthcare, K-12, and higher education clientele.
Responsible for driving revenue through a combination of new business development, networking and existing account management. It is the Account Executive’s job not only to achieve sales volume but also to deliver an exceptional customer experience for all GOP clients.
- Builds strong professional networks that lead to future sales opportunities.
- Develops relationships with key sales partners such as architecture & design firms, commercial real estate companies, building contractors, etc.
- Participates in industry events and appropriately reflects the GOP brand in the community.
- Identifies, approaches, and develops trusted relationships with key customer contacts and accounts.
- Works closely with clients through each stage of the process to manage expectations and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manages sales effort at every stage in a long-cycle sales process.
- Identifies customer requirements and ensures proposed solutions meet or exceed them.
- Creates selling strategies and advances the opportunity with each sales call.
- Delivers presentations effectively and closes sales opportunities.
- Leads the team to develop proposals that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Clearly defines deliverables/timelines and delegates responsibility.
- Follows up to ensure projects are completed on time and to quality expectations.
- Continually develops professional selling skills, as well as key product knowledge.
- Learns Steelcase’s workplace research concepts and builds them into selling strategies.
- Seeks out client and industry information to provide forward-thinking solutions to clients.
- Develops an annual business plan.
- Provides timely/accurate sales forecasts utilizing the CRM system.
- Achieves/exceeds volume and margin objectives as defined by Sales Leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, business administration, marketing or a related field.
- 2-3 years of related work experience preferred: commercial office furniture, architecture & design, commercial real estate, construction, outside sales, or marketing.
- Exceptional computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment while managing several tasks at once.
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and a results-oriented work style.
- A high level of personal integrity and business ethics.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Previous experience in the contract furniture industry.
- A thorough knowledge of Steelcase products and workplace insights.
This position can be performed while standing or sitting, must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time. Occasional bending, twisting, or reaching. The ability to climb stairs is required. Occasional lifting may be necessary up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The ability to talk, listen, read, and write are essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position is office based. However, it requires frequent local travel to meetings and events. A valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle is required.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below.
General Office Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.