Great opportunity with an outstanding company!
Looking for a position to grow your career? Interested in a new challenge in a fast-paced, exciting work environment? Interested in working with amazing clientele? …Join our dynamic operations team at General Office Products!
GOP is a 2016 Platinum Partner Authorized Steelcase furniture dealership with an exciting opportunity for a Lead Installer. As a privately held company for 53 years, we are a reputable, customer focused leader in the contract interiors industry. GOP offers substantial services to our corporate, healthcare and higher education clientele.
- Assists in filling orders and preparing product for delivery.
- Responsible for the loading, delivery, placement and installation of product.
- Able to supervise all aspects of any size project, through completion, including punch list.
- Able to supervise any number of personnel on a project.
- Have a high organizational skill level.
- Able to read and understand blue prints & architectural drawings.
- Able to determine equipment needs and completion requirements.
- Act as liaison between GOP and customer.
- Complete assignments in a timely, cost-effective manner.
- Able to see other service opportunities and make suggestions for them.
- Pre-plan w/sales, customers and project coordinators, as needed.
- Keep service van and/or truck clean.
- Complete all paperwork as required.
- Create proper paperwork for all product brought back to the warehouse.
- Able to trouble shoot and solve any problems that arise on the project.
- Thorough knowledge of invoicing and job costing.
- Have complete knowledge of data systems and electrical components.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to follow both written and verbal direction.
- Good physical health; able to lift 70 pounds.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Able to work alone, or with others, on assigned project. Able to get along well with others.
- Able to handle pressure situations.
- Have a current Minnesota driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Neat and clean appearance at all times.
- Courteous interface with customers at all times.
- Own proper hand tools.
- Five years industry experience as an installer.
- Able to drive a straight truck.
- Must pass a pre-employment exam and drug test.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting work environment! We offer comprehensive retirement/health benefits, as well as competitive compensation.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below.
An Equal Opportunity Employer