Are you looking for a position to grow your sales career? Interested in a new challenge in a fast-paced, exciting work environment? And interested in working with an amazing clientele? …join our dynamic team at General Office Products!
GOP is a leading Steelcase furniture dealership with an exciting opportunity for a qualified Sales Associate. As a privately held company for 54 years, we are a reputable, design focused leader in the contract interiors industry. GOP offers substantial design services to our corporate, healthcare, and higher education clientele.
Responsible for assisting Account Executives with accounts and projects often serving as the main point of contact. In addition, the Sales Associate will be assigned new opportunities that are not assigned to other sales team members, as well as, support Sales Leadership as required.
- Assists specific sales team members and Sales Leadership with existing client requests and projects.
- Develops and maintains trusted relationships with key customer contacts and accounts.
- Works closely with clients through each stage of the process to manage expectations and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manages sales effort at every stage in a long-cycle sales process.
- Identifies customer requirements and ensures proposed solutions meet or exceed them.
- Creates selling strategies and advances the opportunity with each sales call.
- Delivers presentations effectively and closes sales opportunities.
- Leads the team to develop proposals that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Clearly defines deliverables/timelines and delegates responsibility.
- Follows up to ensure projects are completed on time and to quality expectations.
- Continually develops professional selling skills, as well as, key product knowledge.
- Learns Steelcase’s workplace research concepts and builds them into selling strategies.
- Seeks out client and industry information to provide forward-thinking solutions to clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design, business administration, marketing or other related field.
- One to two years of related work experience preferred: commercial office furniture, architecture & design, commercial real estate, construction, outside sales, marketing.
- Exceptional computer skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment while managing several tasks at once.
- Demonstrated high personal performance standards, the desire and ability to continuously learn, and a results-oriented work style.
- A high level of personal integrity and business ethics.
- Previous experience in the contract furniture industry.
This position can be performed while standing or sitting, must be able to work at a computer for long periods of time. Occasional bending, twisting or reaching. The ability to climb stairs is required. Occasional lifting may be necessary up to 30 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The ability to talk, listen, read and write are important functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to allow individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This position is office based. However, it requires frequent local travel to meetings and events and may require occasional overnight travel. A valid Minnesota driver’s license and ownership of a vehicle is required.
Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting office environment! We offer an exciting performance bonus plan, comprehensive retirement/health benefits, technology & work environment that promotes work mobility and competitive compensation.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below.
General Office Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.