Are you looking for a position to grow your technology career? Interested in a new challenge in a fast-paced, exciting work environment? …join our dynamic design team at General Office Products!
GOP is a leading Steelcase furniture dealership with an exciting opportunity for a qualified PC Support Technician. As a privately held company for 54 years, we are a reputable, design focused leader in the contract interiors industry. GOP offers substantial design services to our corporate, healthcare, and higher education clientele.
JOB TITLE: PC Support Technician STATUS: Part Time (20-24 hrs)
REPORTS TO: Director of IT HOURS: M-F, Possible Weekends
SUPERVISES: N/A LOCATION: St. Louis Park
- Provide support to PC users including installation of hardware and software
- Configure desktop applications and perform hardware and software upgrades
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, and/or e-mails regarding desktop problems
- Respond to requests for moves, changes or additions
- Provide support for Internet and Intranet applications
- Setup presentations and conference equipment
- Provide support and troubleshoot printer problems
- Provide phone support for other GOP owned off-site locations (Warehouse 2)
- Install and provide support for Steelcase technology products at customer locations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience providing support in a Windows environment or Technical School education
- Technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- Technical knowledge of physical and wireless networks
- The ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Self motivated with the ability to independently execute tasks
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to work either alone or as a member of a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license, occasional travel to customer locations is required
- A+ certification
- Virtualization experience
- VoIP phone system experience
- Crystal Reports experience
- General knowledge of CAD
Our newly renovated facility provides an innovative, exciting office environment! We offer an exciting performance bonus plan, comprehensive retirement/health benefits, technology & work environment that promotes work mobility and competitive compensation.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications can submit their resume, cover letter and any additional documentation by using the form below.
General Office Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.